Annual Randolph Invitational
"Thor Juhlin Jamboree"
- Players Arrive dressed ready to play. Enter field with gators or masks on.
- Preferably 2 parents or relatives per player social distancing at complex.
- No picnics, team tents, or other gathering places. Teams Go directly to the field of your first game and then follow your schedule to the next field immediately. (15 mins between games)
- light refreshments may be available. (snacks, water, candy)
- Major Injuries will be transported by local EMT.
- Minor injuries should be dealt with by each team/coach/parents
- After your last game clean your bench area and quickly depart the facility so the next group can use the parking lots and change over. THANK YOU FOR COMING.
Sportsman-like behavior from all teams, players, coaches and spectators. This is a Jamboree, not a tournament. Have fun and respect each other, refs, and the facility.
- Quick earm-ups, on the field then ready to go on time GAMES WILL START AND STOP ON A COMMON HORN: BLAST TO START, BLAST TO END GAME. 25 minute running time for the game. No time outs, no horns. All subs on the fly.
- No clearing counts just the goalie 4 secs.
- NO shaking of hands vacate field at games end...NO overtime in case of a tie.
- Full Penalty time will be served, offending players serves penalty time and a man down/up
- Mercy rule at 5 goal differential no face off (optional)
- Game balls for the games will be at each field.
- If a player is ejected from a game, he is done for the day.
This is a reasonable rain or shine event, so plan accordingly. If in doubt, check this website or call 866-802-0837 and the recording will be specific to the Jamboree.
THE FREEDOM PARK FACILITY:
GPS Directions to Freedom Park: 630 Millbrook Avenue Randolph NJ 07869
Jamboree Line: 973-476-8731 (Director’s cell)
PARK IN DESIGNATED PLACES ONLY. OVERFLOW PARKING IS AVAILABLE DIRECTLY ACROSS STREET ON MILLBROOK AVE. YOU MAY DO A DROP OFF AT THE FIELD AND THEN PARK ACROSS STREET IF LOT IS FILLED.
This Jamboree honors the memory of Thor Juhlin, the founder of the Morristown Lacrosse Club and the Coordinator of the NJJLL Jamboree for many years. Initially, the Juhlin Jamboree encompassed the entire league, however, the growth of the league and the proliferation of tournaments has prevented us from hosting 85+ teams. This Randolph Jamboree is pleased to remember our friend and colleague in lacrosse, Thor Juhlin…he would be proud.
HAVE FUN TODAY AND HONOR THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME!!!!
Joe Nazzaro, Director Randolph Lacrosse,
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR WHEN LIFE AND OUR JAMBOREE RETURNS TO NORMAL
REGISTRATION FOR 2021 IS NOW CLOSED!
The Randolph Jamboree is a gethering of Varsity Teams that compete in a festival format of 4 or 5 games per team. The games consist of 25 minute running time (standard Jamboree format). the day will include a fastest shot contest with vendors and great food available along with custom t-shirts and gear. Each team will rotate among the three adjacent fields which includes two turffields. All games will be officiated by NJ Jr. Lacrosse Officials.
Schedules and rules of play will be forwarded to the contact person listed on registration form on or about the week of May 1st. Directions to Freedom Park are on the NJJLL Website (630 Millbrook Ave. Randolph, NJ 07869). we strongly encourage car pooling. We ask that parents obey the parking lot attendants.
Questions may be addressed to Joe Nazzaro: email@example.com 973-895-2668 or 973-476-8731